S02E06: The law of business and business of law in Asia
Audrey Jarreton and Lars Raedschelders - hosts of this episode and Academic Coordinators of the upcoming AIJA's 60th International Young Lawyers' Congress in Singapore - talk to Paul Tan and Rama Tiwari about doing business in Asia and more specifically in Singapore.
In this episode we cover:
- What makes Singapore such a business friendly and innovative hub in Asia also from a legal standpoint?
- Is the position of Singapore in the region an important success factor for the development of the legal industry?
- What does it mean and what does it take to be a trusted legal advisor?
- What initiatives is Singapore taking to transform the legal function?
About the guests:
- Paul Tan, a commercial litigation and international arbitration specialist, specialised in managing disputes across South East Asia, and Head of the Formal Law Alliance litigation practice for South East Asia at Clifford Chance
- Rama Tiwari, Chief Executive at Singapore Academy of Law, Executive Director of SAL Ventures, a subsidiary responsible for the development of the legal tech ecosystem.
S02E01: Sustainable Legal Practice
Oliver Hunt, Roberto Randazzo, Emiliano Giovine and Hugo Teixeira speak about how sustainabili…
S02E02: Business in diversity
Paola Fudakowska talks about the diversity and inclusion in businesses with Yasmin Sheikh, TED…
S02E03: A new approach to legal tech
Anna Wyrzykowska, AIJA President and host of this episode introduces you to David Ar…
S02E04: Public administration in the digital era
Thomas Seeber, AIJA Legal Tech Board Co-chair talks to Matthias Lichtenthaler, Head …
S02E05: Exploring integrity
Chiara Caliandro and Giovanni Angles - hosts of this episode and Academic Coordinators of the …
SpotlightAIJA guests contribute to this podcast in their personal capacity and the opinions expressed (or experiences shared) are their own. They don’t reflect the views or opinions of AIJA or its members.