Yan Pecoraro from Portolano Cavallo, based both in the US and Italy, and Nils Krause from DLA Piper, based in Germany, explain the different benefits of AI and how AI changed their business and day-to-day work.
In this second episode we cover:
- Ways in which AI tech improves lawyers' work and which tools proved to be the most effective
- How to be persuasive in explaining your clients the added value of your business expertise
- What’s next? Lawyers and AI tech in a post-pandemic world
External resources shared in this episode:
- The end of lawyers? Rethinking the nature of legal services, Richard Susskind
- Tomorrow's lawyers: An introduction to your future, Richard Susskind
- The future of the professions: How technology will transform the work of human experts, Daniel Susskind and Richard Susskind
More information about the books here.
About the guests
Yan Pecoraro, Portolano Cavallo
Yan is a partner in the corporate/M&A group at Portolano Cavallo, Yan has a diverse transactional practice with an emphasis on cross-border mergers and acquisitions, strategic investments and dispositions in the digital industry. Yan also seats in the IT committee of the firm and as such is responsible of the implementation of legal tech solutions within the firm. He is in charge of the firm’s French Desk and is responsible of the firm’s New York office.
Nils Krause, DLA Piper
Nils is a partner with DLA Piper and is the Head of Corporate / M&A for Germany of the firm since a number of years. He mainly handles cross-border transactions for strategic investors but also private equity firms. One of the key sectors he focuses on is technology. In addition to that he is active in the implementation of legal technology within DLA Piper and gives internal as well as external seminars in that field.