Vacancy: Events and Communications Trainee
AIJA, the international association of young lawyers, is looking for a motivated events and communications trainee to join a dynamic and diverse team of six people in Brussels. This role offers the opportunity to learn about all aspects of communications and events for a non-profit association operating globally.
Support all aspects of communications across the association, including marketing, production of newsletters, press and social media activities, eventually taking on tasks for a range of activities related to events as well.
The assigned person will work with the Association Manager, Marketing and Communications Manager and events team.
We commit to providing hands-on training, monitoring and feedback throughout the traineeship. Reference letter will be provided upon request and successful completion of traineeship.
Traineeship duration: six months
- Overall logistical support to ensure a smooth development, production and execution of the association events i.e. seminars, conferences and its flagship event – the annual congress (September 2019)
- Assist the Events Manager and Events Coordinator with administrative support including interactions with suppliers
- Follow up on sponsorship confirmation and implementation
- Manage the event webpages and information publication including academic programme
- Information research/screening related to events
- Assist with upcoming events planning (requests for proposals, etc.)
- Set up and analyse the event feedback surveys and compile reports
- Keep the events mobile app updated
- Prepare events material and coordinate timely shipping
2. Marketing and communications
- Help implement communications strategies based on outline or direction from supervisors
- Assist in creating marketing materials
- Assist in maintaining website and executing social media strategies
- Support member and event communication efforts by delivering newsletters, e-alerts, save the dates, mailing templates, invites etc.
- Distribution list management
- Develop and update media lists
- Media monitoring and research coverage opportunities
- Complete market research and collecting competitor intelligence
- Reporting on communications campaigns, social media reach and engagement, Google Analytics etc.
- Create editorial calendars for digital and social media, including website, Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter
- Support the creation of a message house for the association based on direction from supervisors
Other responsibilities not listed above as requested by the Association Manager, Communications Manager and events team.
- Must be currently pursuing a bachelor’s or master’s degree, preferably in communications, marketing or a related field
- Native command of English, additional European languages an asset
- Familiarity with appropriate office applications – Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Very good writing/editing skills
- Ability to research and expand upon a subject following initial briefing
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills at all levels, both written and oral
- Ability to work well in a small team
- Positive with a can-do attitude and desire to learn
- Strong attention to detail
- Previous internship or volunteering experience in marketing or communications is a plus
- Experience in updating social media profiles and content
- Experience with the media relations process is a plus
- A flair for design, including basic knowledge of design software (e.g. Adobe InDesign, Canva etc.)
- Familiarity with website content management systems
The traineeship must be linked to your current study programme. Please send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by 21 March COB. The successful candidate is expected to start as soon as possible. Remuneration is provided.
AIJA is the only global association for lawyers and in-house counsel aged 45 and under. The activities of AIJA are coordinated by 20 scientific commissions responsible for organising events across the world and keeping members up to date with the latest developments in their area of practice. With over 4,000 members in more than 90 countries, the AIJA community is very diverse. While respecting the integrity of each civilised society, one of our goals is to expand our global footprint while continuing to advance cross-cultural understanding between members and other supporters of the legal profession.