Connect to your MyAIJA account to discover who from your network is attending this event.
AIJA and IBA welcome you all to Valencia!
Just before the commencement of the autumn season, we could not think of a better location to debate about some hot topics affecting both the private and public fronts of the shipping and air transportation community.
"Chartering the twenties” will give all attendants a magnificent opportunity to explore and analyse the latest trends and issues affecting charter party contracts, both from a private and a public perspective. Topics such as bankruptcies, IMO 2020 and its implementation by the different countries, flag aspects and the effects of virulent diseases will be the food for discussions among a well balanced group of practitioners and people from the industry.
Valencia, the birthplace of paella, is the third largest city in Spain, located on the eastern coast of the country, on the shores of the Mediterranean, and boasting 100km of coastline, breathtaking beaches and 2,600 hours of sun per year. Its strategic geographical position attracts a lot of commercial activity, with the Valencian port being the largest in Spain and the fifth busiest in Europe. In addition to being a prestigious commercial center, Valencia`s culture and heritage combined with decades of striking development, have transformed the city into a hybrid form of the old and the new, the past and the future. Modernity meets tradition in the streets of Valencia.
The architecture alone is worth the visit. Taking a stroll through the old town, El Carmen, you can appreciate the Gothic, Baroque and Roman influence defining the character of the city. This powerful sense of heritage is complemented by a masterful movement of forward-thinking architecture and cultural projects, which is showcased by the City of Arts and Sciences (Ciudad de las Artes y las Ciencias). It is a scientific and cultural center stretching over 2 km of buildings and open spaces that feature astounding architecture by Valencian architect Santiago Calatrava. Valencia is very proud of this world famous project, one of the 12 Treasures of Spain, a unique experience and the must-see attraction of this vibrant, lively city.
An AIJA seminar in cooperation with
Address: Carrer de Muñoz Seca, 2, 46010 Valencia, Spain
Keynote Speaker: Ann Fenech, FENECH & FENECH ADVOCATES, Malta
- Marco Remiorz, ARNECKE SIBETH DABELSTEIN, Germany
- Davide Canepa, STUDIO LEGALE MORDIGLIA, Italy
- Lucas Leite Marques, KINCAID | MENDES VIANNA ADVOGADOS, Brazil
- Marcel Verhagen, DOCK LEGAL EXPERTS, The Netherlands
- Camilla Søgaard Hudson, BECH BRUUN, Denmark
- Tunji Adeyemi, BANWO & IGHODALO, Nigeria
- Hendrikje Herrmann, ESPRIT EUROPE GmbH, Germany
- Corina Song, ALLEN & GLEDHILL LLP, Singapore
- Jeremy Herschaft, BLANK ROME LLP, USA
- Rogier Baart, CALAND ADVOCATEN, The Netherlands
- Carel Kivimaa, TSG BALTIC, Estonia
- Felix Goebel, ARNECKE SIBETH DABELSTEIN, Germany
- Johannes Grove Nielsen, BECH-BRUUN, Denmark
- Ansam Okbani, RICHEMONT DELVISO, France
- Philip Vagin, ZEILER FLOYD ZADKOVICH, United Kingdom
- Eline Mooring, BENNINK AMAR, The Netherlands
- Lilly Kathrin Relling, KVALE ADVOKATFIRMA, Norway
- Eduardo Prim, MFB SOLICITORS, United Kingdom
- Jan Rossi, GANADO ADVOCATES, Malta
- Giovanna Montanaro, WARTMANN MERKER AG, Switzerland
- Javier Zabala, MEANA GREEN MAURA, Spain
- Diego San Simón, SAN SIMÓN & DUCH, Spain
- Christian Bjørtuft Ellingsen, SIMONSEN VOGT WIIG, Norway
- Maria Belen Espiñeira, IT&L LEGAL CONSULTANTS, Argentina
- Jan Hermeling, TIGGES RECHTSANWÄLTE PARTNERSCHAFT mbB, Germany
- Harmen Hoek, HOEK TEN KATEN, The Netherlands
Address: Carrer d'Eduardo Primo Yúfera, 1b, 46013 Valencia, Spain
- Cherry Almeida, CALAND ADVOCATEN, The Netherlands
- Marco Lenti, STUDIO LEGALE MORDIGLIA, Italy
Port of Rotterdam: environmental challenges and developments
Jennifer Hoovers, VAN STEENDEREN MAINPORT LAWYERS, The Netherlands
The FuelEU Regulation versus the ETS Maritime Directive
Andreas Oxholm, HAFNIA LAW FIRM LLP, Denmark
How will the shipping industry contribute to reaching the targets in the Paris Agreement?
Henrik Hagberg, ADVOKATFIRMAET THOMMESSEN AS, Norway
Commodity contracts and environmental regulations: a force majeur/hardship case?
Carlos Salinas, MA ABOGADOS, Spain
- Mateus Andrade Dias, ANDRADE DIAS ADVOGADOS, Portugal
- Lauren Wilgus, BLANK ROME LLP, USA
- Jaime Soroa, MEANA GREEN MAURA, Spain
- Ulla von Weissenberg, PROCOPÉ & HORNBORG, Finland
- Savas Inandioglu, TILEGAL LAW FIRM, Turkey
- Jean-Philippe Maslin, Richemont – Del Viso, France
Address: Carrer de l'Arquebisbe Aliaga, s/n, 46012 El Palmar, Valencia, Spain (transportation by bus)
Fees & General InfoThere are currently no registration fees available.
General terms and conditions
By registering you have to accept the general terms and conditions and accept that your registration is considered binding immediately, but participation to the event is possible only after full payment of the registration fee.
Please note that any arrangements related to the participation of the participant in an AIJA event, including but not limited to booking or cancellation of accommodation or flights, as well as respecting the cancellation deadlines indicated in the general terms and conditions, are the sole responsibility of the participant. AIJA shall not be held liable for any expenses the participant may suffer as the result of participant’s failure to comply with his/her obligations.
It is recommended for each participant to purchase a cancellation and travel insurance.
Please read the general terms and conditions applicable for AIJA events.
Prepare your stay
The seminar will be taking place at Veles e Vents
Veles e Vents is a symbolic place for events, architecture by David Chipperfield and located in the Marina of Valencia.
Address: Edificio Veles e Vents La Marina de, 46024 Valencia, Spain
Phone: +34 690 70 52 16
Ilunion Hotels Aqua
We have negotiated special rates for the participants of the seminar with Ilunion Hotels Aqua.
|Room Type||Single Occupancy||Double Occupancy|
Above rates are:
- Per room, per night basis, inclusive the VAT (10%)
- Inclusive of breakfast
To book your accommodation, please use the following link and give the word AIJA as reference.
Please note that rooms will be allocated on a first come first served basis according to availability.
hotel Valencia Oceanic
We have negociated a discount at hotel Valencia Oceanic.
To book your accommodation, please use the following link
The personal data that you communicate to us shall be processed by the Iternational Association Of Young Lawyers (AIJA), with its registered office at Avenue de Tervueren 231, 1150 Brussels, Belgium (Tel: +32 2 347 33 34 - email@example.com), in accordance with Act No. 78-17 of January 6, 1978 relating to data, files and freedoms and Regulation No. 2016/679 on data protection, as of its entry into force on May 25, 2018.
Your data will be managed by AIJA's General Services, Events and Accounts Section:
- For the purpose of administering your registration for the event and your on-site access to the event;
- In order to pay for the selected services - your bank details will be deleted after receipt of your payment;
- In order to communicate information messages from AIJA.
To the extent necessary for the execution of their respective tasks, our subcontractors in charge of our seminar organisation, our IT infrastructure, our management, the production and maintenance of our website and extranet, are likely to gain access to your data from time to time. Their servers are located in the European Union.
Data relating to your participation in the event shall be stored for a period of 10 years. We are obliged to archive billing data until the end of the period required for our tax and accounting obligations, i.e. for 7 full tax years.
We shall store your contact information to keep you informed until you ask us to stop. You have the right to access your data and have it corrected if necessary.