Frequently asked questions
Why should I join AIJA?
Since 1962 AIJA provides outstanding international opportunities for young lawyers to network, learn and develop with peers from all over the world.
- 20+ events per year
- A global network with members in 90+ countries
- 4,000+ individual members and supporters
- 700+ law firms of all size
- 50+ collective members (local bars and young lawyers’ organisations)
- 21 business-related Commissions and a Human Rights Committee
Who can join AIJA?
AIJA membership is open to all private practice lawyers and in-house counsel under 45 years old. They must be members of a bar association, or a similar official institution in the countries where no bar association exists; alternatively, they must hold a university degree in law allowing access to a bar association.
Membership is also open to bar associations, law societies and future lawyers.
How long is the AIJA membership valid?
The AIJA membership is valid from 1 January to 31 December every year.
If, as a new member, you sign up for membership as of 1 November, your AIJA membership is extended for a period of 14 months, which includes the last two months of the current year and the following year. Join early, enjoy your member benefits longer.
What are the main AIJA membership benefits?
- Attend events at preferential member rates;
- Appear in the online members’ directory consulted every week by approximately 400 lawyers;
- Access to MyAIJA, the AIJA online community where members can connect and find business opportunities directly referred through our network;
- Meet professionals from around the world and exchange views on topics in your area of practice;
- Grow your business with a reach to a network of contacts present in more than 90 countries;
- Take part in our technical Commissions’ activities;
- Develop your expertise by actively participating in our yearly events as a speaker;
- Strengthen personal and professional skills through events committee and commission volunteer opportunities.
How can I pay my AIJA membership fee?
You can pay online by credit or by bank transfer. The choice will be given when you will renew your membership.
Can I get a discount if more than one lawyer from the same firm is registered?
The AIJA membership is individual. This is also valid when there are several members coming from the same firm.
Can I pay my AIJA membership invoice pro-rated?
It is not possible to pay the AIJA membership pro-rated.
How do I update my personal details?
Access to MyAIJA, go to the ‘My Profile’ section and update your personal details online.
How do I cancel my membership?
Please send an email to email@example.com.
I don’t remember my password to access MyAIJA, what can I do?
Access here and click on ‘Lost password?’. Use your username to ask for a new one.
What is the date of the next AIJA Annual Congress?
Check here to see the upcoming AIJA events. As soon as registrations open, AIJA members will receive an email with all the main details.