Vacancy: Events Coordinator
AIJA is the only global association devoted to young lawyers under 45. Headquartered in Brussels, AIJA currently has 4,000 members and, among other initiatives, organises nearly 20 events every year which take place all around the world. AIJA is looking to recruit a new Events Coordinator.
If you have at least 3 years of experience managing events, have a solid knowledge of event budgeting and attention to details is one of your talents, then this position might be for you!
In close cooperation with the leadership of AIJA and the rest of the team, the Events Coordinator is responsible for the entire cycle of AIJA seminars. As a single point of contact, he/she makes sure that these events run smoothly, have a strict financial control, are the result of a good teamwork between AIJA headquarters, Organising Committees, different Commissions and suppliers/service providers of these events.
- Facilitating the work of the different Organising Committees and AIJA Commissions,
- Contract negotiations and budgeting, managing deadlines,
- Liaising with event suppliers and service providers,
- Detailed planning: event storybook, meeting room setup, audio-visual requirements, registration/hospitality, food functions, on-site staff (when applicable), transportation, etc.
- Support to the overall management of all events as needed,
- Support to the rest of the team as necessary.
- Coordination of event marketing materials in cooperation with the Communications & Marketing Manager,
- Assisting the seminar sponsors and ensuring the fulfilment of their agreements,
- Creation and update of events webpages.
- Presence at AIJA events when needed (registration, logistics and other ad-hoc tasks).
Experience and skills:
- Minimum 3 years of event management experience,
- Extensive experience with event budgeting,
- Strong verbal and written English (and preferably also French), any other language is an asset,
- Exceptionally detail-oriented and focused,
- Ability to multi-task.
Candidates can apply by sending to email@example.com:
- their resume
- and the form available HERE duly completed
Deadline for applications: January 31. Candidates might be contacted also before the deadline, so early applications are encouraged.
Strictly no phone calls.