The AIJA Commissions provide an international forum for the exchange of expertise among young legal practitioners across the world. We offer our members opportunities to enrich their network and establish business relationships during regular technical seminars, workshops and working sessions. Members can actively contribute to these events by hosting them or as speakers. The AIJA Commissions also publish a number of newsletters and reports to which our members contribute.
Our twenty Commissions operate all around the world in cooperation with the various AIJA Commissions and external partners, such as the International Bar Association (IBA), American Bar Association (ABA), InterPacific Bar Association (IPBA), Union Internationale des Avocats (UIA). In many jurisdictions, the AIJA educational programmes are recognised on an individual basis and certified as Continuing Legal Education (CLE).
The success of our Commissions relies on the friendliness, enthusiasm and commitment of their members as well as the quality of their academic programme. Whether you are looking for new business or expert advice in a specific legal matter, you will find it through the AIJA Commissions.
AIJA Commissions meet three times every year at the International Young Lawyers’ Congress in August and the AIJA conferences in May and November.
For further information about the Commissions, visit their different webpages and contact their respective officers.
Our Scientific Commissions
- Banking, Finance and Capital Markets
- Commercial Fraud
- Corporate and M&A
- Environmental and Energy Law
- Immigration Law – "Labour Law" Sub-Commission
- In-house Counsel
- Intellectual Property, Technology, Media, and Telecommunications
- International Arbitration
- International Business Law
- International Private Clients and Family Law
- Labour Law
- Real Estate
- Skills, Career, Innovation, Leadership and Learning (SCILL)
- Sports Law – "International Business Law" Sub-Commission
- T.R.A.D.E. (Trade, Retail, Agency, Distribution, E-commerce)
- Tax Law
- Transport Law